You are here:
Home : SAND VOLLEYBALL
SIGN-UP NOW FOR
SAND VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE.
MATCHES ARE SCHEDULE TO BEGIN ON TUESDAY MAY 25TH. GAME TIMES ARE AT 5:45 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:15 PM, or 8 PM.
ENTRY FEE: Not applicable
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: May 20th. Game times and dates are subject to change if necessary. You will be contacted 1 to 2 days prior to the scheduled date.
LEAGUES: There is only one skill level, fun co-rec. Teams consists of 6 players, each team will ?call? their own games.
GAMES: All matches will be the best of 3 games with a 45 minute time limit. There will be NO time extensions.
APPLICATIONS: Please fill out the application and return it to the
TEAM ROSTER/WAIVER: Each team member will be required to fill out and sign a team roster for EACH game played. All players must be over the age of 21.
REPORTING SCORES: It is EACH team?s responsibility to report their own game results EVERY week.
SAND VOLLEYBALL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Each team must consist of a minimum of 6 people ? 3 men/3 women with at least 3 members from The Property (you may have non-members on your team). You must play with at least 4 players, 2 must be women, never more that 3 men on the court at a time.
2. It is considered a loss for your team if you have less than 4 players.
3. Each member of the team shall serve in turn, (clockwise).
4. A legal serve can hit the net.
5. If a player touches the ball or the ball touches a player, he/she is considered as having played the ball, (a block is not considered a hit). Max. of 3 hits per side before the ball is hit to the opposing team.
6. Players are not permitted to scoop, hold or lift the ball, players may not touch the net.
7. You may play a ball out of bounds before it contacts an object out of bounds. Once it hits something out of bounds it is considered a dead ball.
8. When a ball touches a boundary line, it is considered good.
9. A ball touching the body more than once in succession is considered a double hit and is illegal except when blocking or on a hard driven spike.
10. A ball hit into the net by a team may still be kept in play provided the net isn?t touched by the players or it is not the third hit.
11. A ball is still in play if it hits the net and goes over into the opponent?s court during the volley but not the serve.
12. A player may play the ball twice during a volley but not in succession. If the team hits the ball more than once in a single volley, one hit must be made by a woman.
13. If 2 players contact the simultaneously, it as one hit and either player may play the next hit.
14. A spikier must contact the ball on his/her side but may in the course of the follow through cross over, but not touch, the net.
15. All games will be rally scoring, first to 21 wins. Matches will be best of 3 or 45 minute Maximum.
16. Substitutions may be made into the server position only. Male for male / female for female.
17. Players may cross the centerline below the net during play provided that this does not interfere with the opponent?s play.
· All games start immediately at the scheduled time, games will be forfeited if more than
5 minutes late.
· No-shows are considered a forfeit.
· If a team cannot make the scheduled game the team captain should contact the opposing team.
· All players MUST be 21 and over
· Each team will ?call? their own game, proper sportsmanship conduct provides a friendlier atmosphere. Championship game will be officiated.
· Games are not cancelled prior to game time due to weather. Do not call to see if game is cancelled; always have your team show up to play. If game is called because of severe weather, it will be done at game time.
· You may not bring any container with alcohol to The Barn. The Barn follows all state laws regarding its state issued Liquor License.
LEAGUE PLAY BEGINNING TUESDAY, May 25TH
TEAM NAME ___________________________________
TEAM CAPTAIN ___________________________________
CAPTAIN ADDRESS ___________________________________
PHONE NUMBER ___________________________________
2ND PHONE NUMBER ___________________________________
TEAM MEMBERS AND PROPERTY (if applicable)
©2004 Edwards Communities